Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 56: Free Museum Day

I love that I live in a city where I can do so many wonderful things for free.

Today was free admission at The De Young, The Legion of Honor, and the Conservatory of flowers. My bike lock is missing and I wasn't in the mood to be on the bus- yes, I am that lazy, so I skipped the Legion of Honor and stuck to the De Young and The Conservatory of Flowers. 

I love the De Young and go less often than I would like, but often enough that 30-45 minutes roaming the permanent collection is just enough to bring joy to my heart and allow me to be inspired by beautiful art.



This is my favorite piece. Grape Juice and Sandwiches.
It was inspired by the artists time volunteering with the homeless.
Despite my LOVE for the white building that is the Conservatory of Flowers, today was the first time I went inside. My love for the building has grown, even if it is a bit suffocating. 




I wore a vintage red dress, but the light was bad when I wanted to take a photo.


No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin