Friday, October 1, 2010

The Dance of Life

Just picked this up and started reading it this morning. It will be traveling with me to LA this weekend. I can already tell that I am going to devour this book. It seems to be summing up allot of how I feel about healing and living and loving. It is about embracing the balance between joy and pain. I have realized so many times in my life that pain accents joy in amazingly profound ways, and pain helps you know what real joy is. It is in the depths of knowing one that we are more fully able to understand the other.

It is my greatest desire that I will be able to take in the full range of feeling that life has to offer. Still, I know I need to do this with wisdom and intention. I am excited about the growing process.

Any dance of celebration must weave both the sorrows and the blessings into a joyful step... to heal is to let the Holy Spirit call me to dance, to believe again, even amid my pain, that God will orchestrate and guide my life. ~Henri J.M. Nouwen

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin