Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Recently Reading


So after reading Jesus for President and planning to loan this book to the lovely Dani, I realized I never finished reading this book. Somehow just the beginning of this Saints life was enough to inspire me, nonetheless I want to finish the book. So, I am quickly finishing the book so I can lend it to my friend and I have to say I love her story.

It is so simple and direct. She simply saw poverty and had to join in the work to end it. In the later chapters her focus becomes more and more based on the poverty of loneliness and the absence of love. It is profound and beautiful. Not everyone who is hungry is in need of bread.

Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
Mother Teresa

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin