Wednesday, July 14, 2010

If home is where the heart is

(image found here)

I think my heart is in pieces.

I am so excited to be back in SF, but as early as 9 am I already missed Texas. Much of the past 5 days has been spent pondering moving back to Texas (in a few years, I love my job too much to leave now.)

I brought stuff back from Texas that I bought in Africa, India, Greece, and Taiwan; these places took my heart when I took their trinkets.

Growing up I was taught that if you gave to much of your heart away you would eventually have nothing left to give. I think that was a lie. The more I loose pieces of my heart, and the more I find pieces that I never knew could break, the more I realize how resilient my heart is.

Home is where the heart is and I am at home in a thousand pieces.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well said, I "like"

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin