Sunday, July 25, 2010

Fine China

(Photo taken at a ladies craft morning hosted by the lovely Lisa)

This past week I was compared to fine china - in that when it breaks it tends to shatter.

I would love for the comparison to be in reference to how fine china is delicate and beautiful, hand crafted and painted, cherished and handed down for from generation to generation, but no. It was about how when fine china breaks, it breaks into tiny pieces. It is not only delicate; it is fragile. When it falls from someone's careless hands or is bumped off a table where it has been recklessly placed too close to the edge, everyone gasps long before it hits the floor. We all know what is going to happen. We can all see the pieces even before they are broken.

So it seems that my level of fragility is a bit high these days. As much as I want to change it, I think I need to listen to the advice of some very loving friends and know that I can only be where I am at, I can only feel how I feel, and I can only be who I am.

I am fine china.

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin