Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Absinthe

“A glass of absinthe is as poetical as anything in the world, what difference is there between a glass of absinthe and a sunset.”
- Oscar Wilde

I spent my evening yesterday with the fabulous Kirk family. As always Laura was an amazing host with a beautiful dinner served complete with 2 cocktails, the kids were a blast, and Daniel was a joy to chat Scripture and theology with. However, the real event of the night was infusing absinthe. We used the recipe from Strong Waters. I am excited about my second try at making this infamous drink. It is a practice in patience, the drink has to sit for 3 months! Nonetheless, it is probably valuable for me to learn to wait for good things.

(herbs, including some mood altering ones, hehe)

(We mixed them in a coffee grinder that Laura uses for her spices, we cleaned it first)

(And now it sits for 3 months!! side note, we almost forgot the sugar, you have to have the sugar because it does something with the base and acid levels to make it infuse... I am not a science person.)

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin