Tuesday, June 15, 2010

But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, [the Lord's] mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in [the Lord].”

- Lamentations 3:21-24


I love Lamentations because it is a book of sorrow. Sorrow for the sins committed and the consequences those sins have brought upon the people of God. Even still the book calls to the memory of Love. For the people of God the memory of Love is not the memory of one sweet moment once upon a time, but it is the real memory of rescue. It is the memory of slavery and freedom, of having a home and loosing it, and still knowing what forgiveness is even while living in the aftermath.

"The Lord is my portion." The Lord is enough.

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin