Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Extra Pillow Cases

As a lover of things, all things, new, old, dusty and clean, I have so much stuff in my life. Oddly, I do not have pillow cases. This would not be an issue normally, but twice in the past year I have been asked to donate my old but only gently used pillow cases to the making of dresses. Luckily, the same people who invited me to donate, were well prepared to provide their own pillow cases so that I could participate. Participate in what you may ask? Oh, in dress making, of course.

Last November the lovely Lisa invited women from Reimagine to make dresses for Africa, and this past spring Meg has invited her friends to do the same. I must say that I love that I have women in my life that are so excited and willing to use their skills to show love to girls all over the world.

Below are the two dresses I made on each occasion and below that are the links to the organizations you can send dresses through. Even if you don't think you can sew this is SUPER easy and the patterns are available on the websites. (We might have had some sewing machine issues, but if your machine works the pattern is so so easy). If you have pillow cases you can totally do this! Show some love, make some dresses.





Hope4Kids
Little Dresses for Africa

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin