Tuesday, June 23, 2009

BOOKS on CD and other glorious reading

As some of you know I have a bit of an obsession with Audio books- this should not be too shocking considering I tend to obsess, and I love books but have a hard time with the discipline required to read a lot. Well, tomorrow I will get on a plane - perfect for listening to books- then on Friday and Saturday I am driving 10 hours round trip to see my parents and sis and other North Texas peeps so even better listening time. Other friends of mine have shared their reading list and I find it inspiring so here is my reading/listening list:

Fifty Poems of Emily Dickinson, by Emily of course
I Am America (and So Can You!), the hilarious Steven Colbert

as for actual books:
Harry Potter (the first one, I know I am soooo far behind)
A Passion for God's Reign, Jurgen Moltmann
Here If You Need Me, Kate Braestrup- this book has already made me weep!!

So I have no intention of finishing this reading but I am taking it with me cause I am a nerd.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I love road trips and I LOVE listening to audio books! We listened to a silly murder mystery through Utah and it made the time go by so quickly =)
We checked out Kite Runner on CD from the SF library if you're looking for other suggestions.

Sarah Rochelle said...

I am loving Animal Vegetable Miracle! so that is my suggestion. love

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin